"What we do in this life, echoes in eternity."
Maximus, Gladiator
"Our creator would never have made such lovely days, and given us the deep hearts to enjoy them, above all thought, unless we were meant to be immortal."
Nathaniel Hawthorne

Saturday, January 10, 2015

First day of school!

Today was the first official day of school. We had orientation after orientation, and after so much orienting I think I know how things work--or better yet, I know who to ask when I don't know the answer, or even the question.

The cafeteria food has been surprisingly good, and I've been carrying my thermos with hot tea all over because it's so bitterly cold I felt my mind shutting down a few times. Luckily the dorms, although Spartan, are very comfortable. Maybe what makes it so comfortable and enjoyable is the companionship of my wonderful roommate, a woman I'm in awe of and whom I hope to introduce soon.

I also attended my first lecture, which was amazing.
Day one down. Tomorrow we start with workshops, and I can't wait to meet my workshop partners!

Note to self for next winter: bring the heaviest, warmest, most comfortable winter boots and leave the fancy ones at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the high level of spam and trolls, I'm moderating comments for a bit.