"What we do in this life, echoes in eternity."
Maximus, Gladiator
"Our creator would never have made such lovely days, and given us the deep hearts to enjoy them, above all thought, unless we were meant to be immortal."
Nathaniel Hawthorne

Thursday, April 01, 2010

La sombra del viento

La Sombra del Viento (Vintage Espanol) La Sombra del Viento by Carlos Ruiz Zafón


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I'm half-way through this addictive book. The best book I've ever read. Wow. What a gift with words. I'm curious about the English translation because the original language is so beautiful it has me crying on one page and laughing aloud the next. Oh Barcelona! I think I'd love to live there!

View all my reviews >>

7 comments:

  1. I would say that I'd look for this at my library, but they don't have many books in Spanish. Maybe I'll try the bookstore instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! I just tagged you on my blog!! Be sure to check it out, okay?

    Oh, and I haven't read this book yet, but I've heard it'll rock my world. It's going right into my to-be-read pile for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this author, but I haven't seen this title yet. Yay! Thanks for the recommendation. :-)

    I popped over from Amparo's blog to say hello - I'm so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog header and I'm intrigued at your heritage. (I used to live in Uruguay and have a soft heart for all things castellano!)

    Glad to have stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS: I'm going to LDStorymakers, too! (Just saw that on your sidebar. I'll look for you there!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a great blog! I love literature, too. In fact, I work in a little bookstore.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the high level of spam and trolls, I'm moderating comments for a bit.