I always want to write down the things my kids say, and I never have pen and paper handy when they deliver their shiniest pearls. I often forget; the feeling of wonderment at their thinking skills, or sense of humor is all that is left at the end of the day. I've found myself telling Jeff, "I don't remember what Swan said, but she made me laugh," more times than I can remember. Do you notice a pattern here; I forget things.
Well, for some mysterious reason these following things are imprinted on my mind. Enjoy:
1. Me angry because he's banging on the table with a car: Cangri, 1, 2 ... Cangri stops what he's doing.
Gorgeous looks up from homework and asks: Mom, what happens when you reach 3?
2. Me: Chubbers, where's Dandi the dog?
Chubbers, lying in the bathtub surrounded by bubbles: Hmmm. In the drier... (that's after we looked for the dog all over the house. We could hear her bark, but we couldn't find her. Finally Jeff saw her in the drier. Imagine her little face peering through the glass, eyes full of hope we wouldn't turn the drier on. "
AAHHH! But that's not all.
Following the conversation is El Cangri. He hears Chubbers had put the dog in the drier, and he asks, eyes sparkling with malice (yes people, it was malice): Did it go fast????!!!!!!
3. Me (in the driver's seat picking up the kids from school the day I got braces): Hi babes!
Babes: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! You look like The Other Mother!!!! (from Coraline)
Me thinks: Yeah, I look great with braces.
4. Kids watched Snowwhite. (I don't know how to spell it!!!!! Too lazy to Google). They're singing the Hi Ho song while picking up stuffed animals in Cangri's room downstairs and taking them upstairs to Chubbers room. I assume the stuffed animals were the gems, I guess. Well, they sing the Hi Ho song, including the whistling! to the Jai Ho song from Slumdog Millionaire.
5. Swan to friend: Would you rather kiss a boy or die?
Friend thinks and says: Hmmmm, I guess "Kiss a boy." But ONLY on the cheek.
Swan: Yeaahhhhh. ONLY on the cheeks.
6. Swan: If you want to be a rockstar, you have to shave your pits.
7. Swan doing a puppet show. On the 15th minute of her monologue, she says: And they will continue tomorrow.
Jeff and I: Phewwwww!!!
Swan: Cock-a-doodle-doo. It's the next day!
8. Swan on the drive to ballet lessons. She was looking out the window and gazing at the sky: Sometimes I think we're God's toys. He plays with us like we play with dolls. And then he goes take a nap.
Me thinking about the little girl NC who was missing and then found dead: *nod* *nod* I know exactly how you feel.
9: Cangri at the school holiday bazaar waiting to get a picture with Santa: That's not Santa. That's Mr Wright (one of the teachers) Santa. I want to go talk to the other one with the glasses (He's talking about the guy at the mall where we get the kids' pictures with Santa).
10. Gorgeous closing his eyes tight for his birthday wish. (BTW, I can't believe I have a 9 year old): *whispers*
Later Jeff asked him what he had wished for and he said: For Chubbers and El Cangri to be easier for mom.
Me: *can't speak. Too humbled that he'll "spend" his wish on me*.
They make me crazy, and mad, but mostly, happy. I love these kids!