"What we do in this life, echoes in eternity."
Maximus, Gladiator
"Our creator would never have made such lovely days, and given us the deep hearts to enjoy them, above all thought, unless we were meant to be immortal."
Nathaniel Hawthorne

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Brain Freeze

Every day, when I'm the busiest, making breakfast, cleaning, chasing the dogs, chasing the kids, etc. I think about different things to blog about.
Some examples are:
  • The black widow spider I saw on the kitchen door yesterday morning.
  • How happy I am to have had my hair done by the awesome C.
  • How grateful I am for wonderful neighbors/friends who babysit so I can get my hair done. I love you A!
  • How I am stuck at 48,000 words in my manuscript, and even though I can SEE the next several chapters and the end, this part I'm stuck in feels like a giant, suffocating spider web that I can't get through.
  • Swan Princess makes the funniest comments, but when I'm going to write them down I don't remember what she said anymore.
  • How happy I feel when I clean my house (yes, I have an obsession with a clean house, and I love doing the work myself).
  • Why do I feel like school just finished when it's actually time to go back in two weeks!
  • I don't understand twitter.
  • Argentina-Brazil will be played at El Gigante de Arroyito, Central's stadium, and I soooooo wish I could go back to Argentina just to watch the game in September, even if I go for just one day.
  • My dad's canary, Pichuco, died today of natural causes.
  • My fear of driving through American Fork Canyon, which means that in order to visit my best friend I have to drive down to Orem and then through Provo Canyon for one hour, when it could take me twenty minutes through AF.
  • I can read a very scary book (actually two of the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice) and not be scared (because Jeff was home at night, and I usually read them at the beach, under the blinding Texas sun and a vampire could not have gone there), but when I return home, my mind recalls each and every one of the scariest sentences (like: "I can go through any door and locks," "They didn't hear me coming," "Claudia likes families, and takes them one by one") and I can't sleep until it's past two in the morning, at least.
I think about all these subjects, but when I sit down to write a post, I'm so worn out, I stare at the screen and not a single word comes out of my fingers. So I'll leave it at the list.
Maybe August will bring some inspiration and eloquence so that I can make more sense and write a better post.

2 comments:

  1. And that is when you stop reading such scary stories. I had to stop watching some of my favorite tv shows for the same reason and now most nights I can fall asleep on my own instead of passing out from exhaustion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with you about twitter, and cleaning house. I feel so relaxed after my house is all clean! I bet it is good to be home!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the high level of spam and trolls, I'm moderating comments for a bit.