"What we do in this life, echoes in eternity."
Maximus, Gladiator
"Our creator would never have made such lovely days, and given us the deep hearts to enjoy them, above all thought, unless we were meant to be immortal."
Nathaniel Hawthorne

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Unplugged

I've been missing for so long that I don't know where to start updating all our adventures. P, a dear friend, has graciously lent me her internet card, and I'm just signing in to say we're all alive and well, in sunny, hot, scorching Corpus Christi Texas.
My book is at about 30,000 words right now. I had expected to be finished with my first manuscript by now because I don't have the distraction of a big house, laundry, and dogs. But I still have the four kids, which is good, and keeping them entertained in 100+ weather outside is pretty impossible. We've been to the pool everyday, and to the beach which is only about 15 minutes from our apartment, but I'm burned, in every sense of the word. So today I think we'll visit the USS Lexington and then we'll go to the pool but in the evening.
The kids are so happy to be with Jeff again, and so am I for that matter.
I really need to find a solution to this lack of internet. If it weren't for my beloved iphone, I don't know what I'd do. Today it didn't have service for a very frightening hour, and I can't believe how happy I was when the little bars were showing in the screen again.
Let's see if I have found some kind of internet access this next week. Can you believe none of the neighbors has an insecure connection! i know, I'm shocked too!

4 comments:

  1. Me da mucho gusto que la esten pasando muy bien en Texas. Disfruten mucho la playa.Espero que puedas resolver lo de la internet pronto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were going to FL this summer, you ended up in TX too? Looks like we flip flopped, you went out and I came back home. Good luck finding internet access and with the weather it sure it hot in TX.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy to hear that you're at 30,000 words!

    keep it up!
    good stuff is coming
    inside out!

    peace & happy penning~
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yamile!! espero que ya estes 'conectada' Espero que esten disfrutando de TX y no se quemen mucho! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the high level of spam and trolls, I'm moderating comments for a bit.