"What we do in this life, echoes in eternity."
Maximus, Gladiator
"Our creator would never have made such lovely days, and given us the deep hearts to enjoy them, above all thought, unless we were meant to be immortal."
Nathaniel Hawthorne

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!!!!

I really wanted to start the year posting something, so here I am. Today my mother-in-law said that whatever we do on New Year Day, we'll do the rest of the year. So, today I haven't showered yet, we ate at Golden Corral for brunch (I hate that restaurant...), I made cookies, tried not to get mad at anybody, and been extremely lazy. I don't know what that means.
Last night we went to my brother-in-law's for his end of the year celebration. He used to travel all over the world because of his job, and he's a superb cook. Tavel+superb cook=amazing international food. Last night he made mostly Caribbean dishes: empanadas, Costa Rican Tacos, pina colada soup, tostones, a salsa bar, cheese trays, flan, tres leches cake, etc. Yes, I ate a little of everything. Not to the point of bursting, but I ate a lot. As a consequence the few little hours I could sleep, I didn't sleep well. Too much meat. I guess I'll make a vegetable soup tonight.
The kids had a blast with their cousins. Swan Princess took art supplies to make paper purses with her little cousin; Gorgeous Boy played a lot of wii and ran all over their huge house; El Cangri clung to me all night and didn't warm up to anybody until this morning; and Chubbers played with "the girls" all night. Once I peaked into my niece's room, and when Chubbers saw me, she started screaming for me to go away...Yes, she's growing up so fast...I also took my other baby, I mean, Swan Princess' new baby, Dandelion (Dandi for short), a yorkie that she got from Santa.
Well, Gorgeous Boricua really wants me to be in training meeting with some friends. It's about Agel, a vitamin product. I'll post about it later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the high level of spam and trolls, I'm moderating comments for a bit.