"What we do in this life, echoes in eternity."
Maximus, Gladiator
"Our creator would never have made such lovely days, and given us the deep hearts to enjoy them, above all thought, unless we were meant to be immortal."
Nathaniel Hawthorne

Friday, January 18, 2008

A A Milne's Birthday Party

We're in the middle of January, and it has snow everyday, I think, this year so far. But this time, for the first time ever, I'm not complaining about Winter; in fact, I'm loving it, and I haven't even used my brand-new 3 year-old snowboard! Yes, I've had it for three years, but I've never used it...
Anyway, this morning, when I was taking Gorgeous Boy to school, I couldn't take in the beauty of the landscape, the snow covered road, the misty mountains so close to our home, the coldness of the air. I loved it, and I thought it was the most beautiful landscape in the world (and I've seen some pretty amazing places: Scotland's Highlands, Puerto Rico's Flamenco Beach, Maegan's Bay, Biosfosforescent Bay). There's something magical about going out to the world, when the world is just waking up and everything feels so pure and clean and quiet.

Today I staying home all morning with Chubbers and El Cangri; we played in the playroom, we danced, we read...I had a lot of fun with my tinyer pair of friends. Later we celebrated A.A. Milne's Birthday with my brother's family. We had pizza, we watched a Winni-the-Pooh movie, and even had cake. Props to Beck for the idea. Visit her blog; she's amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! That looks like SO much fun - I LOVE it when parents do fun things with their kids!
    And I loved the word picture of the cold mountain morning - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the high level of spam and trolls, I'm moderating comments for a bit.