"What we do in this life, echoes in eternity."
Maximus, Gladiator
"Our creator would never have made such lovely days, and given us the deep hearts to enjoy them, above all thought, unless we were meant to be immortal."
Nathaniel Hawthorne

Monday, December 18, 2006

I'm loving this Christmas season!!!!




I'm very happy that this year Christmas hasn't caused me any homesickness for Argentina or "holiday blues." Even though I now miss my siblings more than ever, I'm really feeling the true Spirit of this season. Maybe it's because of Areli. I honestly feel there's an angel in our home. There are actually four because Julian, Magali and Joaquin have more than exceeded my expectations. They all love the baby so much, and even Joaxie is ever so careful when he walks past her, so as not to wake her up. I love it when he's playing, and then he comes over where she is and kisses her so gently on the head. He's like a giant teddy bear, and I feel my heart swell with joy when I'm surrounded by my little lovies.
Jeff's been so tired lately! He's been working out three times a week with a personal trainer, and he's having wonderful results, but he goes to the gym at 7 in the morning (he leaves at 6:30 because it's all the way down in Provo). So the poor baby is now snoring away in the couch. We were going to have "mate" (our Argentine tea) and our nightly talk, but I don't have the heart to wake him up.
Today the Relief Society presidency from our neighborhood came to meet Peewee and see how we're doing. Both our branch and this ward have been wonderful. We had meals brought to our home for two straight weeks. Everybody wanted to help, especially after I had to go to the hospital for an infection. Four days after Areli was born I started having a very high fever and very severe abdominal pain. At first I thought it could be appendicitis, but when I got the fever I knew I had an infection. I ended up staying one night at Timpanogos Hospital, to get 24 hours of IV antibiotics. It was horrilbe to have to end up at the hospital. Luckily they let Peewee stay with me. The kids stayed with my parents. I'm very grateful I could get the treatment I needed and go home. I kept wondering what Jeff would do with four kids, including a newborn, if something happened to me. I'm very grateful for my health and my life!!!!!! I love being me and having this family and staying home and everything about my life!
It was very funny to see the reactions of the hospital personnel when they learned I had had Areli at home. Someone even asked me if I had been trying to save money! Even when it wasn't about having the birth I wanted, I'm very happy I've learned so much in preparation for Areli's birth, because when I was going to be given and IV with narcotics (for the pain) , I told the male nurse that I didn't want it, and I asked if I could just have the hep lock. He just stared at me and asked me if I had any professional medical training. I said, "NO, but I've educated myself very well with the options I had for the birth of my babies, and I'd like as few interventions as possible." Another nurse told me I must have a great degree of pain tolerance, and looked skeptical when I told her Areli's birth hadn't been painful at all. The one who thought I had had her at home because I was a poor immigrant (they really look down on immigrants!) without resources, later became very friendly, and said Areli was the most relaxed baby she had ever seen (she was an L&D nurse!!!!), and I said it was because her birth had been very peaceful and non-violent; she told me later that her husband had cancer, and I realized that behind a person with a bad attitude there's usually a sad story.
I'm very grateful I have my mom to help me and support me in my decisions, and that I have Iris, my dear friend, who takes so much care of me.
I hope I may keep this feeling of peace and love for everyone; it's like I'm in high, and it's also because I'm certainly enjoying this babymoon. My little princess sleeps from 11 to 7. But she's also gaining weight steadily. At her check up last week she was 7 lbs 8 oz. It was on the 12th, one day before her original due date, so had she been born "on schedule", she would have been the same size as her siblings.
My little prince is also sleeping all night, and Juli and Maga are awesome helpers.
Tomorrow is Jeff's and mine wedding anniversary--8 years together. Life couldn't be better. I guess I could do with a couple of hours of naptime every afternoon, but I guess I can't have everything, can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the high level of spam and trolls, I'm moderating comments for a bit.